Boston Sports Trending Reporter Job at Advance Local Boston, MA
Full Job Description
This position will provide the opportunity to join a dynamic sports beat, aimed at building audience while writing for a passionate sports fanbase that really engages with our coverage.
The candidate must have the ability to create content on trending topics with the flexibility to write across all sports.
The candidate should be self-motivated and able to generate ideas. When writing on breaking news, it will be important to not just get the post out, but find ways to further the story and provide analysis and depth.
For this role, candidates must be able to identify trending and compelling stories that engage readers. The position requires the ability to work fast and write clean.
Job requirements include:
- Degree in journalism, communications, or related field or equivalent experience
- Proven talent in journalism reporting and writing
- Experience building, maintaining and engaging an active audience
- Ability to work independently under deadline pressure and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure
- Demonstrated capability in capitalizing on high-value topics by engaging audiences in frequency and urgency, able to react quickly as news breaks
- Mastery of social media and digital interaction
- Skills for utilizing a broad set of tools to tell stories and engage the audience
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
We’re proud to say we’ve been named the largest news organization in the state for 2021 and 2022 according to Comscore.
Interested candidates should provide links to their work or writing samples.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
About the Company
Company: Advance Local
Company Location: Boston, MA