Major Incident Manager- Work from home Job at People Thrust – Guadalajara, Jal.
Position Title: Major Incident Manager
Location: Remote ([email protected])
Schedule: 6am – 6pm CST (it might be within this range, open to working off hours and weekends if needed).
Our client is a global leader providing online education, assessment, remediation, certification and e-learning solutions for the post-secondary academic market specifically serving the nursing, allied health, sports medicine, public safety, and the financial services industries.
We are seeking a motivated, energetic individual with strong technical knowledge, project management, and communication skills for the position of Incident Manager. This individual will be responsible for driving incident resolution across the organization. The Incident Manager will be part of the Service Management organization and report to the Manager of Incident/Problem/Change Management.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Incident Coordination – manage all severity 1&2 incidents from inception to resolution, ensuring the quick and correct assessment of the issue, including identifying the impact to a specific Business Unit, Owner(s) and engaging the appropriate resolver group. Provide prompt periodic progress updates to the appropriate parties until detection of the root cause and issue closure.
- Coordinate resolution efforts across multiple applications and groups.
- Submit recommendations to the application and infrastructure teams in order to prevent future incidents and improve overall system stability.
- Assist with Change Management and Problem Management as needed.
- Assist in building and maintaining the configuration management database (CMDB) using ServiceNow (ITSM tool).
- Provide metrics and participate in weekly post-Incident Review Analysis meetings, detailing failings or concerns experienced during incident handling that will feed into continual service improvement plans, processes, and training.
- Provide input into the Incident Management Process, further define the process flow, document expectations and assist in training and guiding impacted parties to adhere to the process.
- Provide after-hours on-call support on team rotation. Ability to perform the on-call duty as scheduled and assist with coverage as needed.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to own and manage multiple incidents simultaneously, lead a cooperative effort among members of a team to react to an incident and resolve to customers’/business’ satisfaction.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills in a service environment supporting multiple applications.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Displays a credible presence and positive image.
- Develops other people’s confidence in themselves through consistent action, values, and communication.
- Develops a strong network and relationships that benefit the team and the organization.
- Can maintain a holistic perspective, ‘big picture’, rather than only positional or functional viewpoints.
- Experience and knowledge of Major incident management principles and methodologies, specializing in medium/large-scale organizational Major incident processes.
- Accepts responsibility for own choices, actions, non-actions, successes, and failures.
- Proactively seeks out new and up-to-date information that can be applied to the Major incident manager role and incident process.
- Ability to perform on-call duties as needed/scheduled.
- Proactively manage the resolution of major incidents in a timely manner, ensuring minimal business impact, and initiate escalation procedures as appropriate.
- Perform KPI reporting and analysis and provide to the appropriate groups.
- Prioritizing tasks appropriately and meeting all defined deadlines.
- Perform daily duties with minimal direction.
- Effectively communicates the status of major incidents to the appropriate stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or Project Management program or equivalent work experience
- ITIL Foundations certification
- 5-7 years of related experience with a background in IT Operations, including support of working applications and infrastructure services.
- At least 5+ years of experience as a Major Incident Manager working in a medium to large environment.
- Experience with ServiceNow or related Service Management tools.
- Experience with JIRA or another issue tracking, bug tracking, and Project Management tool.
- Understanding of DevOps philosophy.
- Experience in a NOC environment
Tipo de puesto: Tiempo completo
Salario: $40,000.00 – $58,000.00 al mes
- De guardia
- Turno de 8 horas
- Programa de referidos
- Seguro de gastos médicos
- Seguro de gastos médicos mayores
- Seguro de vida
- Trabajar desde casa
About the Company
Company: People Thrust –
Company Location: Guadalajara, Jal.